5.21.2007
Just the beginning...
If this past weekend was a sign of things to come, then bring on the fun! My mom drove down from Montana on Friday - she's here for two weeks. On Friday night, Ben and I joined Tessa and Duffy, Mom and Uncle Pat, and Ben's sister Meghan for the BYU v. Utah baseball game. We had a blast eating peanuts and giant otter pops as the Cougars played their last home game with a walk-off home run to beat the Utes. A terrific combination: family, food, a baseball game, and beating Utah. :) Here is a picture of us after the 7th inning stretch.
Then, on Saturday, my Aunt threw a shower for Tessa - and then it was off to the temple for her. It was wonderful to be there for such a special occasion. Here is a picture of the 'after' - mom, Tessa, Duffy, and moi.
On Sunday, Taryn and Mike finally rolled into town after 2.5 days of driving. I think that trip should qualify as "coast to coast", don't you Taryn? I was elated to see them and to officially welcome them to our place! Having them here for the next 6 weeks will be an absolute ball. We drove down to Orem to have dinner with Granny - and I decided to take advantage of so many helpers... we gathered around the dinner table to assemble the monogrammed candy bag favors for Tessa's reception. I was slightly embarrassed at my level of quality control (sorry Mike!) - I didn't think I was that much of a perfectionist. We had a great time around the table - and after a short time, we'd finished all 300 baggies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hurray for so much fun family time!!
ReplyDeleteOkay BYU baseball games will always remind me of you and some hilarious memories. Good times!
how fun to have so much family in town and for so long! what a lucky girl you are :) im excited to hear about all the activities!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting time for your family. So fun!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a gorgeous family! i hope i get to see you all this weekend. tessa is glowing.
ReplyDelete...and make sure you keep that brother-in-law mike in line. he was quite the "pot stir-er" out here the last few weeks!
Laur-
ReplyDeletewho has the pics from the candy-stuffing? would love to see one. You weren't a freak about control. You were totally reasonable. For a project like this (when the presentation is what makes it cool), things need to look good!
Congrats to Tessa and Duffy! What a cute family you are building!
ReplyDelete