5.07.2007

Shower for Tessie

Two weekends ago I had the fun task of planning/hosting/catering a shower for my little sister. It was a last-minute party as we realized that finals were around the corner and all her friends would be gone soon.

With 5 days to go, I made some e-vites (see below), and got a hold of the best caterer I know, Taryn. She sent menus and other recipe ideas as the rsvps started coming in. Love her. Every evening after work, I'd pull more serving pieces and collaborate on the menu more with her.
I figured that waking up at 6 the morning of the shower would leave me plenty of time... not so. I was bossing Ben around the kitchen only minutes before I had to drive to Provo - "hurry, shred that chicken, and can you dice those grapes?"

The shower turned out great - after a stressful drive of all the platters in my teeny trunk and all the food in tupperwares. ahh! Event planning I can handle, but long-distance catering, making it not only look good but taste good? I'll leave that to the pros. Congrats, Tessa - only a few more weeks until you're a Mrs.

Here's a picture of the table - fun that I got to use some of my wedding gifts for the first time. The second pic of me and Tessa turned out a bit blurry.


7 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and very beautiful! You are such a great planner! I can't believe Tessa is getting married in a couple of weeks! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! Everything looks delicious and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yummy! Love that plate that we both have with the fruit pizza on it! (we'll just be twins, that's what we are anyway.) love the fruit and dip serving platter...the croissants look great...and the floral arrangements look perf! wish I could've been there. Tessa's hair is getting so long! Did you end up making the chocolate chocolate chip muffins? I made them last night...pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks pretty good to me! and very yummy :) great job laur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren- The shower was a total hit! All my friends were saying "this is the nicest shower I've ever been too"- It was all bc of the food/flowers/servingdishes/table runner I'm sure.
    Lauren pulled it off like a pro!
    What a great sis. Wish taryn could have been there, she would have been so proud. (tear).

    ReplyDelete
  6. lauren- this old academy post made me think of you and our days as neighbors! i came across your blog and wanted to say hi! congrats on your marriage, even though i know it's extremely belated! cute blog!--abbie (waters) mckinnon

    ReplyDelete