6.28.2007

Back to School

I'm back in school - almost exactly 2 years after finishing the Public Relations program at BYU - I'm starting the Design program at the LDS Business College downtown. I'm only in 2 classes right now, art and perspective drawing, one of which is fun. As soon as fall rolls around, I think I'll begin to like the program more and more, being able to take more classes and more serious classes, and also having more than 5 people in the classroom. LDSBC is like BYU in that it's a CES school, but it is very small (one building) and the course offerings are not as widespread. I left the Board of Regents to do school full-time, and so far it hasn't been as serious as I anticipated. I guess I'm viewing this as a post-grad or professional program, when many students are young and just getting into school for the first time. Step aside! :) Maybe I'll post a drawing or two when they become presentable. The good news is, because I have the general classes out of the way I'll be able to take straight design courses. (if stats 221 were in the picture again I don't think I would have applied)

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I miss the school days. Good luck, can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be so great at this! Can't wait to hear about all of your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats exciting. i cant wait til you get more into the program and can tell more about it. how fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EWWW...Stats 221...I did not like that class either! You will be such a great interior designer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lauren, i didnt know you were going back to school...PR, then design school? did you just totally change your mind, or are you wanting to do something that incorporates both? what kind of design? my best friend from home did interior design from there and loved it. i hope you love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you to get this training, I know you will be a great Interior Designer in the future!

    Yuck- stats!

    I would also like to quit my job to go to school part time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds exciting to start something new. You will do such a good job...you totally have an eye for that kind of stuff.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello...I came across your blog thru a friend of a friend...anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I graduated from LDSBC in the design program two years ago & loved it! It's true that there are 18 year olds fresh out of HS, but I'm sure the fall will be better with more diversity. Is Miles Hunsaker still there? LOVED him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. crystal- yes, Miles is the chair of the department now. He seems nice and I'm taking one of his classes this fall. thanks for posting -

    ReplyDelete