This year we did have fun. Ben and I were invited to a party for adults, how fun! We originally wanted to find partner costumes to be figure skaters, but that proved pretty difficult. We went to a vintage clothing store and found some sweet alternatives. My first idea was 'we are beach movie extras from the 60's!' That was a little too hard to convey, so we went as "Vintage Beach barbie and ken" (even better, I got to wear heels with a bathingsuit!) So here we are.
I borrowed a cotton kimono from Granny (thanks Gran!) and put some flowers in my hair, how fun! More than me, people couldn't belive Ben's sweet outfit. A few of the guys wanted his seersucker yellow shorts (I swear). So we didn't win the costume contest, but Ben did win the Bunko tournament we had that night. It was fun to dress up... complete with hairspray, a week of solid self-tanning, and lots of fun makeup that I haven't worn since showchoir in high school.
On Monday night was the Oviatt family halloween party - all the grandkids wear their costumes and come to grandma's to decorate cookies, break a pinata, etc. Ben and Matt dressed up for fun - check this out! Ahh! I'm not sure of the exact costume name, but let's just say it reminded me too much of some people I'd seen in Mississippi. :)
Laur you are one of the few people I know that would get excited about (and could pull off) wearing a swimsuit to a party!
ReplyDeleteDid you dress up for the Oviatt party?
I agree with Heidi...you are one of the few people that could pull off wearing a swimsuit to a party and be excited about it! You guys look hot :)
ReplyDeleteI would rather die than wear/be seen in/be photographed in a swimsuit right now...but you look great! fun holiday parties! this halloween pretty much passed me by as though it never happened. sad. last year was worse (we were ready to go to a halloween party until I completely scorched my thumb in the oven while making pumpkin bread...needless to say, we didn't make it to the party). next year will be much better! where are the pictures of the kiddie costumes?!
ReplyDeleteall i have to say is, you go girl! booyah. you sort of look like kelly kapowski from saved by the bell :) she always wore those little "dresses"...if you can call them that. sounds like a fun time!
ReplyDeletedearest lauren, it's been too long. you are so darling. i found your blog via mary's.
ReplyDeletewhen are you coming to visit dc next? i'm pretty sure i saw your sister in my sister's ward a few sunday's ago. small world.
much love dear, hope all is well.
Laur you are a freakin babe! What store did you find your outfits in? Sounds like a fun halloween. (I miss the videos of you and your showchoir makeup!)
ReplyDeletelove this. it reminds me of when you used to dress up freshman year. those were the days!
ReplyDelete