We had the greatest time in Montana this Christmas celebrating with my family. It was my parents' year to have everyone home - and my mom has been excited for/ planning this two-week stay for the past 11 months!
Each day we awoke to an itinerary of the day's events. For example: 9:30-12 - wake up at your leisure, check e-mail, hit the gym, etc. 12: lunch together at home, 12:30 - head to Lake Blaine for hockey and skating, 5:30 Dinner at home and then to National Treasure movie. It was SO much fun! Planning for ten adults is a must (without the itinerary one day we just sat in our pj's watching sportscenter until 2 p.m., yikes).
We had so many fun things to do, despite the cold cold weather! There was hockey, skating, skiing, sledding, shoveling, last-minute shopping, paint-your own pottery, puppy visiting, quilting, movies, dad's homemade popcorn, dinner parties, make your own sushi night, snow bocci ball, 2-on-2 basketball, gingerbread house contests... to name a few!
Here are a few pictures of the adventures. There were about 40 pictures of the puppy visit (we each had a yellow lab to hold, there were nine in the litter!)...so I had to practice some restraint there. The golden retriever puppy we saw was my personal favorite. :)
Mom, thanks for a vacation that HAS to top the Stimpson charts. And Dad, we are seriously missing your popcorn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok, your pictures are better...although half the ones I used I got from your camera. I do need some pics of the gingerbread houses and the quilt (mine turned out really faint)...will you send them to me? I already miss those musher puppies...oh, and you guys too!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so fun! your family is just gorgeous. Going home for Christmas is the best!
ReplyDeleteDid you make that quilt? Next time your fam is all together there will be lots of "mush the musher" on each days itinerary. It is fun to live this time up with all adults (and looks like you all did!) because when my family gets together we all have to schedule for naps and bedtimes and all that jazz. Anyway, hurray for a great post!
ReplyDeleteLaur, love this post! It sounds like you had a blast! I am jealous of the puppy time! I also just love your cute family and am glad you were all able to be together!
ReplyDeletelooks a fun packed vacation! and very cold. loved all the pics.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a such a great time with your family...I love family holidays!! Those puppies are sooo cute too!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an action-packed holiday, but with so many things that I love to do! You guys have such a fun family! Hope things are well...
ReplyDeleteKristen