6.23.2008

LP 2008


Our third year at Lake Powell was nothing short of entertaining. You might remember my posts from year one and two... well, I keep posting on the trip because each year stands alone. Last year we were fewer in number due to all the babies born right around summer time. Also, we had a terrible windstorm and a non-functional ski boat that kept us near the marina for two days.
This year we were back with a wave of new toddlers coming to the lake for the first time. It's fun to watch them experience all the newness of the place. Also, we had no boat trouble and three jetskis to boot! It was fun every minute, with exception of bedtime. We all sleep up on the top of the boat, so when the little ones have to get ready for bed, they're overly tired, burned, chapped, and totally wasted from the day. Ben and I and the other child-less couples just excused ourselves until it was quiet up top.


Ben and I had a great time swimming with the kids, catching lizards (my first!), a little fishing, and lots o' food. I packed mucho sunblock and of course my visor. I had to be reminded to lose the visor after dark... I got so used to it! The weather was really hot and pretty windy. By the end of the day and especially the end of the trip I was covering up to avoid the wind and hot afternoon sun (which can still burn by the way). It made me so exhausted and my skin so dry! Thus many of the pictures of me turned out a little strange. But luckily I can report no burns or peels after five days of exposure... only the lip-liner variety of chapped lips.

day one - visor only

day three- visor, shirt and towel

last day... can you find me?
still have the visor! and shirt and two towels... yet everyone else is dressed normally

Thanks Kathy and Jed for another crazy adventure!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for vacations with family! Looks like you had a blast and I love all the pictures. We'll have to take a bunch next week, too! OOOhhh I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laur I am sitting here by myself ad dying of laughter. This cracks me up. I love that you kept it all on even after dark. still can't stop giggling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like so much fun. I want to be there but I have to wait 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, what up with the head to toe cover after dark? looks like fun...can't wait to hear stories about all the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious! I love Lake Powell too!

    ReplyDelete