8.04.2008

Las Vegas Market

Last week my two fantastic bosses invited me to Las Vegas for 'market'. What a ball! There are three huge buildings right off the strip (by the outlets) - at least 12 floors in each. Driving, we left at 5 am on Wednesday and returned Friday morning at 3 am. With less than 48 hours in Vegas, we hit the ground running.

too bad we missed Rod Stewart's concert on Monday... I just love "have I told you lately." I smooched him for good luck...

We visited all of our current vendors and then hit a bunch of new showrooms to look into picking up new lines. At every turn I was saying, " I love it, let's get this! Can we open with them?!" I was like a kid in a candy store... shiny accessories everywhere, beautiful chandeliers and best of all, taffeta drapes! That is my idea of heaven on earth.
Most of all, it was eye-opening to see more of the furniture and accessories we carry and all that is out there. It gives me more confidence to work with my clients. And I felt so cool hanging out with Kathy, Ruth and Derek... just like makin' it to the big leagues.

Me and Derek at the end of the trip... by this time I'd ditched the stilettos. The rolling bag was a life-saver... full of all kinds of freebies and catalogs from 36 floors of showrooms.

Vegas in July is a crazy idea, but market was a blast! Now, for my blisters to recover...

11 comments:

  1. how fun!! i should pick your brain on how to successfully decorate a studio apartment without looking like you just stepped into ikea. im back in d.c. lame that we didnt meet up! plans to come back east?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Lauren. Also - cool website! - you totally have your own profile - "That is neat." Was it leaps and bounds above the furniture market?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always wondering what that huge building was and Ben just informed me a few days ago. Cool that you got to go.

    Now, you are in trouble for not telling me you were in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I have a cheesier look on my face in that picture? I look like an even bigger lout standing there while you pulled around that bag full of 50 pound of catalogs. I swear you were taller before we got there. Why didn't you tell everyone you named the bag Bruno?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like fun? so what do you do? are you in interior design? i love going to vegas... so much to do there. you look beautiful, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a lot of fun! so what to you do for work? are you in interior design? tyson and i love going to vegas because there is so much to do there. you look beautiful, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yah lauren, i am a dork and did not see the message at the top about owner approval, so i typed it twice... sorry i am retarded :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lauren! You must have switched jobs eh? Good for you! I have talked to Linds and am ecstatic for her and Mike! I wish wish wish we could go to the wedding:( You'll have to post lots of pics from it. Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a whirlwind of a trip. It also sounds like a lot of fun. Whats better than Vegas when work pays hu? I guess maybe Vegas with your hubby when work pays. I love that you are the working woman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren, I am so jealous! What a fun business trip! You look great. We miss you at USHE. We will have to do lunch again.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete