Every month I receive my magazine subscriptions... Trad. Home, Living, Southern Accents, etc. Thank heaven that's it for now. I travel around all month with my stack, sometimes two months worth, trying to find a few moments to get through them. My system is this - tearing out any pages that contain a)good pictures b)good advice c)something I can send to a friend/mom/sister... that way at the end of it all, I only have 'tearsheets' instead of boxes full of old issues (which = packrat).
The other night I was thumbing through a mag when I spotted this full page ad, and I had to doubletake! "Wait, was that Taryn?" It not only looks like her, but now that she lives on the opposite coast and we only talk on the phone, this is exactly what I envision when I am on the line with her. Rarely a week passes that she's not preparing dinner for a little group of friends, desserts for a shower, or tons of food for the weekend football party. Give a girl a break! She impresses me in many ways as it is - but most especially where I lack - in the kitchen! Maybe someday I can be more like Taryn: creating unbelievable gourmet food seemingly-effortlessly while being the perfect (and very funny) hostess & looking like a million bucks (without trying!).
yes, that would be taryn. only taryn's kitchen is cuter, i'm sure. :) Love the ad though.
ReplyDeleteHa! Love this picture! Wish it really were me...but I rarely don my red dresses for pancake flipping. you are too kind. but I don't believe that you are lacking in the kitchen...I seem to remember a dinner party that you had not too long ago with a full table scape and gourmet four-course meal! nice try. is there anything you don't do?
ReplyDeletehaha, it does look like taryn! all she needs is a perfectly groomed and grinning baby on her hip and it would be an exact match. does mike even realize how lucky he is??
ReplyDeleteLauren! Hey, I live in the District by the National Cathedral, so Taryn and I are really close actually. And, by the way, do you have an aunt who lives around here? I swear she looks like you. Email me for more details :)maryangell@gmail.com
ReplyDelete