Because our work extended over the weekend - we took the liberty of inviting Matt and McCall up to Montana for a few days and to our delight they accepted! Although it was still fairly chilly for mid-May, I think they had a good time. We dragged them all around the valley and tried to get them to all the must-see spots. Here was our checklist: Burgertown, Frugal's, Norm's News, Glacier Park, Lake Blaine, Bigfork village, Sun Mtn. Pizza, to name a few. It felt like the weekend of the burger - and I'm still recovering!
Dean had two double-headers in town this weekend. What a treat to see him in action - he played great at 2nd base and short stop and had some really great hits (and rbi's!). I love baseball games and I love the Mush... he is the ultimate mush in my life. Oh, and we had 'Laker burgers' at the field, more meat.
The boys played golf every day... I think they may have had a standing secret tee time for 7pm each night. They are lucky to have such open schedules, and more importantly, wives that are so generous to allow them so much play time. :) Mom and I planted her summer pots and are crossing our fingers that the weather only gets warmer.
Halle was the star of the show I have to admit! She is such a sweet baby and my family loved playing with her. She is very curious and loves to play hide n' seek and many other games. When the house was quiet I was missing Halle - she is so fun to have around.
Thanks to the parents being such wonderful hosts, and our being able to do a little sub-hosting of our own, it turned out to be a wonderful business trip - thanks Mom and Dad - we'll be back before you know it.
Wow this sure made me excited for my visit in September! I will have to copy down that checklist ;-)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun trip! so jealous that reese and I couldn't join you. can't wait for the 4th of July!!!!!! p.s.-- love that stri-ped shirt. can I borry it?
ReplyDelete