10.29.2009

Halloween 2009

It couldn't be Halloween without the big party Ben's mom throws every year. Talk about going all out! Soup in bread bowls that were colored and shaped like pumpkins, delicious appetizers, yummy desserts and a whole parade of activities afterwards.

All the kids were in costume and ready for action! Cookie decorating, pin-the-nose-on-the-witch, a large spooky pinata, donuts on a string, and a goodie bag for each of the grandkids. (the bags were much too big and full for kids that small if you ask me... share, anyone?)

Kathy does a great job and the party never disappoints. Here are some shots from the evening.



I made meringue ghosts - found online from Sunset Mag. Also tried Devil's Food cupcakes with marshmallow filling. As you can see - my ghosts turned out a little, how do you say, differently. I need a pastry bag, and a lesson! No more ziplocs.. Luckily no one at the party saw the professional pic. As for the cupcakes, the filling was only marshmallow creme, and I would have preferred something more like the filling you find in hostess cupcakes... with more of a creamy as opposed to sticky/airy texture. Not that I know anything about baking, but trust me, I know a LOT about eating and that is my recommendation for what it's worth.

Bad lighting + motion= psychadelic picture. Thanks Reese for letting me borrow your Pippi Longstocking/witch headband for the occasion, it was a hit!


Little Halle was dressed as the cutest little Dalmatian. Her collar had hand-appliqued gems and "pup" inscribed on the tag - a little customization by her beautiful mommy McCall. Ben couldn't get enough of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment