The countdown is almost down to single digits - which is just crazy to think about. At my weekly visit on Tuesday the doctor said we could more than likely look forward to another 'weekly' visit this coming Tuesday. Yeah, figured. He said I was at a "one" - but I think that was a stretch (no pun intended). Of all the advice and insights I've had on pregnancy from even complete strangers, no one ever mentioned the experience of being "checked." Yipe.
My mom informed me she never delivered early with any of her four pregnancies... may I take this time to note that each of her single-baby pregnancies resulted in babies over 10 lbs. (Taryn and I were almost 15 together) - poor dear! Of course I feel that I'll be the first woman to deliver a 15 lb. baby - that's how big I feel. She'll probably come out perfectly petite at six pounds.
But as of now I'm not anxious to be delivering. Ben is in Cleveland on business for a few more days and my mom is in Mississippi working. As soon as they are both nearby I'll be more comfortable with the idea of having a baby. Also, my mother-in-law is hosting a shower for me tomorrow. It'd be a shame to miss that!
p.s. I totally want some Trumpette socks - how darling are these!? Do they stay on?

Yay! It's getting so close, how exciting! The socks are darling and might stay on, though i'd highly recommend buying "stay put socks" from a little kiosk in the University Mall. They help keep all baby socks on, and I loved them. Keep us posted! I'm dying to know names... have you got one picked out? Email me your address when you have a minute.
ReplyDeleteLoves,
Kalin
kalinsilver@yahoo.com
oh, I have a set of the trumpette Johnny Skater socks... everyone thinks they are shoes and they DO stay on, especially since they are a little longer and at least on Dustin go nearly up to his knees. Good luck, we are praying for you and i am sure you will do just fine :)
ReplyDeleteI had trumpet socks for Max and now I can't even remember if they stayed on. I have some girly ones for Sadie too but they are a bigger size and she hasn't worn them yet.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!
You're getting so close! How exciting! I cant wait to see this little missy.
ReplyDeleteAnd hello how come no one tells you that getting checked is the most uncomfortable thing in the world! Yowza! People must block it out of their memory....not me its burned in there.
And p.s. those socks are amazing. I have the little converse looking ones for Mason and they are the only socks that stay on his feet! I LOVE them
p.s.s- No one told Sam about a push gift and I really wish they would have! How genius is a push gift so you should start leaving some hints to Ben now.
love trumpet socks.
ReplyDeletei cant believe you are so close!!! i cant wait to hear the big news. good luck lady!
Michael happened to be in the room when I was watching the "push gift" episode, and I may have dropped a not-so-subtle hint..."Hello, where is my push gift?! See? It's legit. All new dads do it!" Two and half years and still waiting.
ReplyDeletetrumpette socks are a must! they do stay!