Stay tuned for next Tuesday's Dr.'s update - where I'll inevitably be at a 1.75. If that even exists.
8.05.2010
Baby Mine
I had an appointment two days ago and went from a 1 to a 1.5 over a week's time. Doctor said he wouldn't bet on me either way. I could have the baby this week, or I might not. Very medically profound answer. I wish he would've just said, "ok, if you don't deliver by the 10th, we'll set this day or this day to induce you." No such luck. He said he'd rather wait and see and then maybe talk induction a week to ten days after the due date. Which makes my current state seem interminable.
I'm still working full-time which is actually nice considering I'm keeping busy. But in a way it also makes the delivery/ bringing baby home seem abstract. Last week one of my clients stopped in with a gift. A darling hooded towel with a cd tucked inside. I was so glad because I didn't have any baby music (am I a bad mom not playing Mozart for baby every evening for 40 weeks?) I popped the cd in and within 30 seconds I was all weepy. Precious, precious music. The cd is called Baby Mine and it is dreamy and sweet; everything that lullabies should be. I'm sending Lindsey a copy asap. We'll see if she cries too.
Stay tuned for next Tuesday's Dr.'s update - where I'll inevitably be at a 1.75. If that even exists.
Stay tuned for next Tuesday's Dr.'s update - where I'll inevitably be at a 1.75. If that even exists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My sister gave me that cd last summmer and I LOVE it. especially the title track, Baby Mine. But i can't seem to find it recently!
ReplyDeleteMy doctor with Max was the same way- wouldn't consider induction until I was a full two weeks late. So I drank castor oil and baby came! However it took 36 hours, so I recommend just waiting for baby to do it on her own!
ha ha oh those last weeks. I'm sorry. Everyone will be calling you with their magic potions to make you go into labor. None of them work. She's gonna come on her own time! But the waiting game sucks. I'm oh so sorry. And the weekly Dr. appts are so depressing. They basically just weigh you and tell you your no where near giving birth! haha. My Dr. just kept saying, you will go over, you will most likely go a week over so just plan on that. AHH that's the worst news ever to hear. Anyways I was a 2 when my water broke, so there is hope.
ReplyDeleteShe's right around the corner!!