9.08.2011

Final Days with Dean

Dean and my parents came down for a few days before Dean entered the MTC for Prague.  They accomplished all of the necessary shopping and last-minute preparations in record time.  They stayed at the house in Park City and ran all over the valley trying to get here and there and also saying goodbye to several of Dean's friends that were down in Provo at school.  I decided Blair and I were going to tag along like sick puppies - we didn't want to miss out on any precious time with Dean.  Blair was a trooper! I dragged her around for five days straight, bless'er.  Here is the weekend recap.

 
 We went to the Bountiful temple Friday morning - what a special experience to be there with Dean. Also wonderful to be with my mom and dad there.



At Nordstrom later that day - Dean is SO james bond, only more handsome.  His tailor was from Czech Republic - are you kidding me??

 Blair has reached the 'invinsible' stage of her toddlerhood.  She was scaling the hammock at Uncle Chris' house one afternoon. 

 We had yummy sliders Tuesday night at the Riverwoods and frozen custard after that. Dean's last supper. (Sisters, I know you were there in spirit!)

t minus five minutes - in the car just outside the MTC


Someone tell me why the elders aren't allowed to take a family picture for you at the MTC?  No one there would even entertain the idea.  I grabbed an old lady and she'd only do it after I pretended like she was my long lost aunt.  Oh brother.  Once we pulled up a swarm of super-enthusiastic elders grabbed Dean's luggage and whisked him away.  It was like a band aid - so quick you weren't sure if it hurt.  We were back in the car in moments, driving away, wondering what just happened?  Is he really gone? Did we really just drop him off?  One things for sure, Dean was ready and so excited to start his mission.  I can't wait to hear of his adventures in the Gospel from Prague!

Poor little dear - she was so tuckered out at the end of every day. I think I have a dozen pictures just like this from the weekend.  This was the best one though, mouth agape.  Like mother like daughter.

P.S. - We created a blog to post Dean's letters and pictures from Czech - you can find it here
www.deanspragueblog.blogspot.com

his mailing address is listed there as well

1 comment:

  1. Ah, we just had the elders over for dinner, love those hard working boys and girls. Best to Dean!!!

    ReplyDelete