My friend Keri has some pretty good connections. Back in January she
put out the feelers for a girls trip to Vegas to escape the cold... I
think I was the first to respond... where do I sign up? We took off for
two nights and stayed atop Planet Hollywood in a high-roller's suite.
It was incredible. I felt like the ultimate free-loader but it was
amazing! Keri, Danielle, Kenzie and I shopped a bit, ate a bit (a lot),
walked a bit, and talked a lot over the course of a few days. It was so
relaxing and energizing at the same time. I remember walking around the
shops at Caesar's and remarking with the girls, "Isn't it strange and
wonderful that we are really on our OWN timeframe? We don't have to rush
here and there to appease our kids, we don't have to stop to change
diapers or have a quick bite. We don't even have to worry about getting
home before our husbands go crazy on baby duty"... (there was no coming
home, sorry guys!)

view from our room - it was even more stunning at night watching the Bellagio fountains
our suite below - it was awesome but also kinda sparse... we could've had a party w/ 50 people here!
lunch at Max Brenner - yum! worth ALL the sampling we did
we stayed up chatting pretty late both nights and Keri fell asleep mid-coversation... poor dear!
lunch at Cabo Wabo Cantina - amazing people watching from there...
I had a blast getting away and also getting to know these girls better - Kenzie is moving just up the street and Keri and Danielle are already on the street. :) I am lucky to have wonderful, fun and generous friends! Thanks Keri for a wonderful time.... can I pencil an encore trip in for next year??
No comments:
Post a Comment