12.21.2006

23rd Birthday

Was turning 23 fun for anyone else? Yes, any birthday is of course exciting, but turning 23? 16 was cool, 17 was great, 18 was too... 19, 20, 21, college (when you had dessert parties and fun dress-up parties and invited everyone, rad!), and 22 maybe. Now I'm just getting older. Which is guess is just the way it is. I guess one of the good things is that now when I tell people my age, they'll no longer reply, "wow! you're only --??? (fill in the blank)" At least 23 demands a bit more respect, right?

Well I had a great birthday. Ben gave flowers and took me out to a nice steak dinner at Ruth's Chris to celebrate. He even let me order french fries as my side and as many Diet Cokes as I wanted! The atmosphere in the restaurant is what I'd describe as a Contemorary Art Deco. The center of the restaurant is the lowest level, and from there, different tables on different tiers of the floor. did I mention the up-lighting? v. cool. So I dressed up accordingly, (surprise surprise). Even bought a new lipstick for the occasion. (tried to match it to this font color) ;) Here's a pic from dinner. Do I look old or what???
Ben said "happy birthday" to me at least 55 times throughout the day, which was nice - I think he was trying to fill in for the six family members I didn't get to see that day. Here's to another year - on to the next!

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!!! I love the lipstick :)Happy Birthday! We LOVE Ruth's Chris by the way. And Ben spoiled you with french fries AND diet coke! What a cute husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree- you do look GORGEOUS! That is my girl.

    You guys did always have fun birthdays during college huh? Cool. My birthday was never during the school year so I just spent it with my fam. I haven't had a birthday with friends in maybe 10 years! Maybe my 24th...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24 isn't too exciting either, but it is still nice to celebrate! Happy Birthday! You guys are a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete