1.03.2007

The Nest


I've stumbled onto something fun that I thought I would share. I would consider most of my married friends "newlyweds" still (I mean, consider eternity!). For years, I've been a member of The Knot, www.theknot.com, a resource for brides-to-be and their wedding planners. (They also produce a fat magazine, too fat for me to actually buy).

They've recently branched out, creating THE NEST, a new website and magazine for newlyweds. (cute name!). I first heard about the new company last year when I was working for LaylaGrayce. com I sent one of our fabulous Pine Cone Hill throw blankets to a photoshoot for their flagship issue.

It's a pretty neat resource. I've only been to the site so far (and joined of course)... they have tips on home buying, decorating your first space, "his stuff vs. her stuff". They even had a guide called 'Post-Wedding Clean Up' that saved me (!), and other much-needed tips for those transitioning to the state of matrimony.

Although I'm not a huge subscriber of magazine, I absolutely LOVE them. Not so much UsWeekly or People, but O at Home, Martha Stewart Living, etc. Two new discoveries: Domino, and Blueprint. (v.cool!) - and if you have babies... check out Cookie magazine.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I just checked it out and they have so many fun pointers and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should probably check it out...I haven't made much progress with the shelves since the first step...but, cute Mike said tonight, "I know something fun we could do...we could go to dinner and then go to Crate & Barrel and get some magazine holders for our bookshelves." I should've thought of that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Laur! My sisters looove the magazine Real Simple, but I too am not a big subscriber of magazines. Maybe someday when I have an easy 20 dollars to throw down.

    ReplyDelete