2.27.2007

Movie Weekend


Last weekend Ben and I laid low. Which I LOVE. I have friends that live in the fun, bustling cities of New York, DC, etc., where I'm sure it is fun to go out and see the sights, shows, and try new, hip restaurants. But here, for us, "new" is the new slurpee flavor at the seven eleven down the block.

Okay, so I exaggerate a little bit. But the truth is I love to stay in when it is cold. Give me a blanket, a movie, and some movie treats, and I'm a happy camper. Ben and I rented The Prestige and Annapolis. Both very good movies. I really thought The Prestige was well done, and just as good as it's rival movie, The Illusionist. Both are well worth seeing and very androgynous. (or should I use the phrase "couple-friendly")


Oh, we also saw Casino Royale for the second time. If you haven't seen it, you should. Although the film received lashings for it's choice of a 'blond Bond' - who the heck cares. It was a good movie, and after watching it, I thought Daniel Craig had surely shamed his whimpy, pretty Bond predecessors.



5 comments:

  1. I totally agree, it is fun to stay in under a blanket with your loved one watching movies! I have seen all the ones you mentioned except for The Prestige, which is coming soon on our Netflix queue.

    I have to admit though I am still jealous of those in the big cities who are just a subway stop away from museums, historical sights, and great shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Yes, it is fun to live in a crazy, busy city but sometimes I wish that we could go away for a weekend and escape it all. I guess you always want what you don't have though right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend. I love those stay at home and relax weekends. I loved the Prestige! I'll have to check out Annapolis, I have been wanting to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the story of our lives--staying home and watching movies. Why get all dressed up when you can stay in your jammies with popcorn and a good movie. We have seen all those too except Prestige--we will have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Daniel Craig is totally hot as Bond! I was 93rd in the library queue for The Prestige, so it could be a while before I get to see that one. I did really like The Illusionist..call me an idiot, but I honestly did not see the twist coming.
    I watched somthing on TV about how they filmed the scene you have a picture of...it was pretty interesting. They got lucky with the fog that night.
    Also, there is something so great about coming home from work on Friday, after a long week, and knowing that you don't have anywhere to be, anywhere to go, nothing pressing to do--and you can just get in your cozies and cuddle. What could be better?!

    ReplyDelete