After mom's conference finished, we devoted the rest of the weekend to getting out and about. Heidi drove over from Reno to spend 15 hours with us - so fun! Here is a picture we took inside Nordy's. Does it remind anyone else of the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty? Taryn and Heidi replaced their scarves after the photo, but I just couldn't. I paid for it without even taking it off. If you know me and scarves, well that's a whole different post.
We went to a play one evening, the second night of the performance of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", starring Kathleen Turner. After the first of 2 intermissions, we just had to leave. It was no good. A bickering drunk couple who belittle each other for 3 hours?? Maybe the people who stayed could relate... but not us!
We called Scott and Michelle on Saturday to meet up for lunch - and had a delightful afternoon with them at Ghiradelli Square. What a fun and dynamic couple. Here we are at Boudin Bakery at Fisherman's Wharf. They were so kind to tour-guide us all around.
Then, just when I thought the weekend was winding down, my mom had the idea to sign us all up for the 5k that weekend. Our Triathalon-bound Taryn was excited and I was fearful. Three miles is a lot to someone who hasn't been to the gym in ten moths. But it turned out to be fantastic. I think there were 800 or so entrants, and Taryn finished at the top of her bracket. Go girl! Funniest part of the race is that after about 300 yards, mom and I passed a teenage girl who was walking and texting! what?!This post was long, but there was so much to report! :)
sounds and looks like a great weekend! love the pics. and good for you for running the 5k. i wouldnt have been able to!
ReplyDeleteI love girl trips! So fun. Your mom seems cute! My sisters and Mom are coming out in a few weeks and I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteI don't believe you haven't been to the gym in ten months!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you girls!
Fun weekend! I love Michelle, are they already married? I am with you on the no gym thing!
ReplyDeleteSounds so fun. Wish I could have been there! I'm glad you got to see Michelle and Scott too! So fun!
ReplyDeletescott's girlfriend us so cute! well done.
ReplyDeletecute post (very similar to t's ...which i read first, sorry, family comes first). all i have to say is, "beautiful scarf, merriweather."
That sounds so fun!! I would love to go there someday...especially for the shopping!!
ReplyDelete