1.29.2009

Cybele Young


I watch a show on Fine Living Network called Room Service. It is hosted by Sarah Richardson, who has another show on FLN called Design Inc. which is my favorite design show. ( I want to devote an entire post to Design Inc. - it is on it's way)

On Room Service Sarah often highlights local artists and tradespeople. She visited Cybele Young in an episode from years ago but my dvr recently picked up that old episode and as I watched it I was reminded of how fascinated I was by the work of this artist.

She uses japanese papers and lithography to create miniature artwork. I think it is truly amazing. Maybe one of the reasons I'm drawn to it is that it reminds me of how I used to love the idea of dollhouses and playing in them. Her interpretations are so creative and they spark imagination and maybe even old memories for some people.

I'd love to visit one of her exhibits. I'd love to have one of her framed works and use it in a small space, near a vanity sink or in a little office nook, as the focal point. I think this piece below would be so great in a kid's room.

3 comments:

  1. I came across your blog and love it, you have great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! How fun to reconnect!!! YEAH! Do I know your sister-in-law????? Mormon world....so small. Cute honey! Congrats on getting married (obviously old news!). And congrats on your successful career. Are a consultant or interior designer??? My dad is both of those too! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete