We went to breakfast at this quaint little joint down the road, the "Silver Summit Cafe" - ok, it is a gas station cafe. But it's V. good. Then we came back for pre-game / game-day, whatever you call it on ESPN. Then five hours later it became lunch time... so we went back out. This time to the Windy Ridge Cafe near downtown Park City. I haven't been there in a few years but really liked the food and the ambiance of the outside patio. Perfect lunch splurge for a birthday.
Then, home for the BYU v. Tulane game... with constant switches back and forth to the televised PGA event. So many games, so little time!
Because most of the day he hung out with me, I tried to give him the "happy birthday" fanfare at least once every hour. To make him feel like he was sharing the day with more than me. After all, can you ever get sick of people wishing you happy birthday? In this case, maybe yes.
For dinner we drove into Salt Lake and met up with Matt & McCall at PF Changs. After competing with the Greek Festival-goers, the SL Dine o'Round, and too many high schoolers (who looked like 6th graders) having their pre-homecoming meals, we finally got a parking spot and a table, and had the most wonderful meal. Being treated to dinner is such a...treat! Complete with appetizers, many entrees, and three desserts? wow!
That's the last time I ask a valet guy to snap a picture.
Can you guess what we did once we got home? More ESPN... gotta catch the post-game wrap-up, right? I like to think I'm tolerant of Ben's channels, especially if I have other things to occupy me... laptop, design mag, long chats with sisters/mom, etc., but finally I said, "TOO much ESPN"! Enough is enough.
Happy Birthday Uncle Boo!
"Too much ESPN"- that phrase music to my ears.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday ben!
ReplyDeleteJared's b-day was Friday! We also spent much of Saturday with ESPN and much eating. :) Happy birthday ben!
ReplyDelete