11.16.2009

Apothica - and the perfect shade

I have been feeling out of sorts ever since Stila left Nordstrom. On a random errand to the Gateway last week, I walked into Apothica to smell some Mistral Verbena, why not, and walked right into a huge Stila display! Who knew and didn't tell me? It was so exciting, as trivial as it sounds. Suddenly, I'm in a buying mood. Had to pick up some Stila bronzer - I love it and wear it year round. (shade #2)

I've also lately been thinking that I need a better lip solution. I haven't worn lipstick for years and all the glosses I have seem to be so colorless. Tricky because I don't want too much color for everyday... I tend to play up my eyes, and my bronzer of course. After trying a few different products, I found it! Go with me on this.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
I love this pencil, it's fat and you can easily wear it like a liner or all-over shade. It's also smooth like velvet, hence the name. The color I bought is called Sex Machine. I didn't realize it was called that until after I committed... I swear. I'm only divulging the name because I think it is THE perfect color... just enough pink to have some life but still fabulously nude.

Smashbox Limitless Long Wearing Lip Gloss
I like the idea of tinted lip gloss, but worried that it still wouldn't look great without a lip liner. This gloss (shade:Forever) has the pencil's there-but-not-there qualities and a similar nearly perfect shade. Pair it with the pencil for more color, but alone it has the most glamorous shine. Even the girl behind the counter had to know what I was wearing... how's that for inventive?! Challenge: find your nearest Nordy's, Sephora, or Apothica - and try this combination for yourself. Feedback requested.


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Lindsey Redfern's, and I have to say, you have the most fabulous hair! I so need to get some lessons! I love the gloss and liner combination, because I'm always looking for something easy and new for my lips that still looks neutral. I'm an eyeliner and mascara girl, but I still want my lips to look "done". What shade did you pick up in the gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren - you need to be a professional blogger! So fun to read! People get paid for trying to come up with cute and catchy things you write all the time!

    ReplyDelete