1.12.2010

Alone this week

Ben is away at a sports medicine training in Denver this week. I should've gone with him - I hear his hotel is v. nice and right on 16th street... jealous! I could go boutiquing all day and have delicious meals with him at night. Oh, and play with my long lost pal Niki & her too-cute baby Easton. Too bad I have a big kitchen install this week and a segment on Studio 5 this Thursday.

Alas, he is away and I have to find things to do at night. Did I mention that I've been sick for three weeks now? Only confirmed as 'not strep' - who knows what I actually have. First it was in my throat, then moved up to my sinuses, and as of yesterday, back in my throat accompanied by a hacking tickle cough. Ug. I've gone from no voice, to a man voice, and now I'm nasal. What is worse?

Last night I dined with Lacey & her sister McCall at Cheesecake Factory (glorious), but as for the rest of the week... I plan to lay low and try to get better. Ben has also taken my laptop and so now I am completely out of sorts. Most nights we are home and it goes something like this: Ben watches basketball or golf... while I sit beside him nicely with my lappy on my lap and do whatever I want online, i.e., shop, blog, chat. It's time 'together' and we both get what we want. Now my routine is gone along with the computer. It's not so fun shopping on an iTouch as it turns out.

So I've taken the only thing left- the remote. Here are my girly indulgences while he's away and I'm in bed with a cup o' soup:


Gulianna & Bill


Keeping Up with the Kardashians

The Soup


Real Housewives of O.C.


Not to mention various episodes of Intervention & Hoarders (but I can only take so much), The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network), Jersey Shore and any relatively good made-for-tv movie on the Hallmark channel. At least I have my boundaries - I have never and will never watch the Hills or any such related programs.

My sister Tessa is also husband-less this week... but she has a sweet little puppy to keep her company and to snuggle with. Maybe I should make a trip to the puppy store, there are still four days to go.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't Real Housewives of OC is just a grown up version of The Hills?

    Don't worry though - I'm not judging since the Hills used to be my guilty pleasure (only on marathon days) and I've never (and will never) watch any of the Real Housewives.

    And to fill my duffy-less evenings, I've picked up Tabitha's salon takeover. I think my fascination peaked on day 1, and now that it's day 2 it's already waning seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am with Tessa on the whole Real Housewifes vs. the Hills. I do love, however, that the Hills is where you draw the line on reality tv! It probably should be where I draw it too!

    Also, I wish that you would have been able to tag along with Ben! It would have been fun to have you here in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you watch jersey shore?! girl. I'm not one to judge tv shows...but jersey shore is where my line is drawn. although I did see in a recent In Touch an article about snooky losing her pouf. seriously?

    ReplyDelete