2.18.2010

I Cooked


Yep. Are you sitting down? I cooked dinner. Ina Garten is a contributor for House Beautiful, Ask the Barefoot Contessa, and does a recipe in each of their issues. Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil. The picture sold me. I braved the 5 p.m. grocery rush tonight and dinner was shortly underway. This recipe was quick, easy and SO delish. As we took our first bite - just mmmm's. Good sign. I loved the light flavor of the herbs and garlic. I'm definitely keeping this recipe.

And for dessert? Chocolate dipped strawberries. I met with a client today who was telling me about her daughter's love for dipped strawberries and I couldn't get them out of my mind the rest of the day. I find that my pregnancy cravings are sparked by things I hear of or see. Example: the other night I was watching Real Housewives - they were having daquiris and all of a sudden, I needed one too! It was ten o'clock, so a red slush puppy had to suffice.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! Chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite and that pasta looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds and looks delish! can I come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cooking is one of my goals post-pregnancy. but then again it's always been a post-something goal. post-graduation goal. post-wedding goal. we'll see how it works out. that meal looks great!

    ReplyDelete