4.21.2010

High Point Market : April 2010

Kathy and I had a great time at High Point this year. Spring market tends to be the time when manufacturers debut their new product for the year (fall market has less 'introductions' normally). We spent six days back East and didn't slow down for second. Turned out to be quite the workout for a pregnant lady!

On the plane from Atlanta we were seated behind Barclay Butera - so fun to meet him - there was no mistaking it was him! His showrooms were absolutely beautiful. I regret that I took no pictures there.

We also went to a private book signing for Thomas O'Brien's new book, American Modern, hosted by Visual Comfort. I leaned in and told him I'm using his crystal ball lamp for my nursery... thought he might appreciate that. I think he did? :) He is a well-known designer who has also produced lines for Visual Comfort, Safavieh and Hickory Chair.

Rachel Ashwell was also at market re-launching her Shabby Chic line and new book. We bumped into her; she was lovely and very friendly.

Last star sighting - Kathy and I went for an appointment at Henredon/ Maitland-Smith and before we got going I stepped into the ladies room. This beautiful woman was washing her hands next to me and I also later saw her in the showroom. I leaned over to our rep, "that looks just like Barbara Barry." She replied, "that IS Barbara Barry." She designs for Henredon - so classy - and also did an accessory line for Global Views echoing her signature style. It was a thrill to bump into all kinds of well-known designers.

I took many pictures - here are a few of my favorite finds.

Unbelievable handmade crystal chandeliers by Canopy Designs Ltd. Can you imagine these in a nursery?



Two vignettes from the Global Views showrooms. It is always a highlight - the incredible visual merchandising displays, the hors d' oeuvres and the music, the place is always swarmed with people.

This light is one I've been spying for quite some time. I love it in chandelier, sconce and flush mount forms. I'm hoping to use it in a bathroom remodel this spring.
Somerset Bay Home. There is not a piece in here I don't love or want immediately. Pictured is the Norman breakfront (to die for!) and a new table they've introduced.
Stray Dog Designs lighting at the Wesley Hall showroom. The company was also recently featured in HGTV's latest Green Home Showhouse (master bedroom lighting)
Lighted Carnival letters - incredible! Ask me for resource... they're about $200 a piece.
Gorgeous bedding displays at Legacy Home. So well made and so beautiful.
Visual Comfort's Thomas O'Brien signing. Oh how I'd love to fill an entire house with V.C.'s lights.
InterHall display by Currey & Co. Is my love for crystal chandeliers obvious??

1 comment:

  1. I love that bubbled chandelier, i'll totally let you buy it for me!? haha jk. But you look darling prego, hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete