This weekend was crazy. Why is it that my social calendar is pretty much bare (embarrassingly bare) 99% of the time, and then I have ten events in one weekend? Well, not ten, but three. That is a lot for me.
Friday was Chelsey's wedding reception. She's a good friend from design school. I have no pictures but it was a lovely event. Cucina Nassi is a beautiful location and Chelsey's hand was in every last detail. So happy for her.
Saturday was my dear friend Lacey's baby shower. She is due in about five weeks with her first little one. A boy! When she found out what the sex was she announced to me, "A friend for Taryn's baby and a future hubby for Blair!" I have always loved the idea of a betrothal. He is sure to be handsome and stylish (with great hair) and a sweetheart. What else would you get from a couple like Lacey and Ashton? The shower was so great. I stuffed my face with all the delicious food and treats. There were a LOT of people that came to shower Lacey with gifts... I'm telling you, they're a popular couple. I am so happy for her and can't wait to meet their precious little one very soon.
I got to see Abby twice in two days! Her family grew up with Chelsey's. How fun to run in the same social circle with her. :) Saturday evening was the annual auction for the Mali charity that my mother-in-law co-chairs. Such a great event and cause and super exciting to dress up and have a night out on the town with Ben (sans baby). The Grand America is so beautiful and lavish - and always reminds me of Meghan's wedding.
4.11.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah man I miss UT- so many people I love live there!
ReplyDeleteDid you see my parents at the reception? They told me about it as well.