5.11.2011

St. George Getaway

How lucky were we to be invited to St. George to stay the weekend with some of our dearest friends from Park City?  Brandon and Michelle were wonderful hosts to us - and their three darling (darling!) kids were fantastic hosts to baby Blair.  Remember how I said Blair loves to watch little people... well, she was in observer's heaven for four days straight! We didn't capture enough of the fun, but these pictures about sum it up. It was the perfect pre-Easter getaway. Great friends, great late night cards, wonderful conversation and delicious poolside eats.

 We went downtown to a beautiful park with a splash area near historic main street. The weather was perfect the whole weekend.  No wind, no heat, no chilly nights. Perfect!

 Oh Blair Blair. She was a little wary of the chilly (chilly!) water - but she loved splashing from the side and of course, a chance to debut her swimwear. I was hosing her down with spf 60 every ten minutes. Heaven forbid I be responsible for burning that porcelain skin!

 Brocky J. aka "brockadile" is the ultimate character. The kids kept taking turns riding in our "space rocket" car.  Brock looked at me during his maiden voyage and asked, "Is this an '85?" Oh me. His poses from the backseat wearing Ben's 'racing' glasses were absolutely priceless, and completely of his own creation.


Blair was experiencing the water without actually being in the water. It looks refreshing but it was mighty "crisp" shall we say.

8 comments:

  1. Wait you were there right before Easter? I was in SG the entire week leading up to Easter- bum!!! I wish I had known you were in town as well.

    Where is your cute red swimsuit from

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and blair look darling in your swimsuits :) nice that you got to getaway for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut up. you look fabulous in your suit! I am going to have to wear a giant mumu this summer!!and LOVE blair's cute suit too! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want your cute suit. where is it from? that blair is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pics....And I hate you. I remember your "I don't look the same adn what swimsuit should I wear?" post. You dork. You look A-MAZING! PUH LEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also want in on where your cute swimsuit is from! :) Your family is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun getaway! and so fun that Blair could finally don her new swimsuit. love it on her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. um yeah,i second the allred family comment. you look a-maz-ing!

    ReplyDelete