At the end of last summer I wanted to have some family pictures taken and it coincided with Blair turning one. My friend Nicole, an old friend from the dorms (but an unforgettable one!) has a photography company based in Portland, Oregon and on a vacation to Utah she agreed to take our pictures. I was thrilled! I have admired her (and co-photographer hubby Alma's) work since Bird on a Wire's first shoot. Their photos have a casual beauty about them. Wonderfully honest, un-doctored and yet still ethereal. I knew we three were in good hands.
It was so great reconnecting with Nicole and meeting Alma. We had a great afternoon at Memory Park in downtown Salt Lake. I love that park. Ben and I would go there a lot when we were first married and lived nearby. Part of our wedding video was filmed there too. Loved going back, especially that time of year.
The pictures are wonderful. Since having a baby I get really sentimental looking at family pictures. Pictures of anyone's family, not just my own. There's something wonderful about seeing what two people can create and also the moment in time those pictures capture. These pictures are so special to me. I keep thanking Nicole for her talents but it never seems enough. I'd recommend her a thousand times over. Her website is great too. The 'about us' page is awesome, totally 'Nicole'. She recently posted our shoot (graciously giving me time to send out our v-day card) so I thought I would too! Here are a few pics from our shoot and if you really like us and want to see more, you can follow this link. Bird on a Wire : Lauren & Ben.
4.26.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




i didnt realize nicole took your pics! so fun! they are beautiful. love the one of you tickling blair. pretty family!
ReplyDeletelove, Love, LOVE these pictures! You have such a beautiful family :)
ReplyDeletethanks SO much lauren! it was so fun :) i couldn't pay people to give me those kind of testimonials!! you guys are so beautiful you made my job easy :)
ReplyDelete