3.22.2007

Life Saver, Life Soother


I was a bit late in picking up John Mayer's latest album, Continuum. I've been an unabashed fan of Johnny's ever since he was 'running through the halls of his high school, screaming at the top of his lungs'. Not obsessed, but devoted.
I love the lyrics, the melody and his voice. The mood his music puts me in. Sedate at times, pensive, energized, you name it. I don't stay up on his social life or care much to, I just like (LOVE) his music.

All that to say that for the past two weeks, I've been listening to Continuum on repeat. At work. An attachment has developed. Listening to the album takes me to a place I'd rather be. Favorite tracks are 4, 7, 10, oh heck, and the rest of them too. As usual with John's albums, I find that I grow to most love the songs that never make the radio.

Just blogging about him makes me soothed. If you like John, do yourself a favor and download/buy the album. And if you don't need an escape while at your desk, try listening to the album as you're driving in the evening- one of my favorite moments of Spring so far.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love his music too! It can always put me in a good mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't bought this album but have bought many tracks from it off iTunes- Beidi are huge fans as well! I love John, well besides the fact that he is dating Jessica Simpson.

    Once I went to a John Mayer concert up at Deer Valley- great moment in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't if funny the effect John Mayer has had on our family? Dad got me Continuum while we were in MT for Thanksgiving (love him!) and when I started listening to it when I got home, it reminded me of the only other time I had heard the songs (other than Waiting on the World to Change), which was with our family over the break...somehow, more specifically, it makes me think of sitting in the back of the Landcruiser with Dean and Dad in the from on the way to see James Bond. At first, it made me sad to be back across the county from them. But, really, listening to John makes me feel closer to them...even closer to Lindsey...because I know there is a very good chance that Dad is listening to him too.

    ReplyDelete