3.26.2007

Share the Wealth


One of the purposes of this blog is to share things that I've learned/ found to benefit the lives of my visitors. It dawned on me this past week that I must blog on this subject.

I've found the perfect sheets. I miss them when I'm staying away from home. Sometimes I take the flat sheet with me when I travel, is that weird? I have this maternal instinct that makes me crave soft towels, crisp sheets, fresh smelling soap -- the niceties of a simple yet comfortable life at home.


My freshman roommate, Niki, introduced me to the sheets in our dorm room six years ago. It was love at first sleep. I'll give her full credit. Although I've tried different thread counts, various colors and blends, I've never found anything that compares to the softness, the silkiness, and the coolness of this certain pair. You'd think that the higher the count, the softer the sheets, not so. (am I right, Taryn?)

Try them. If you aren't completely satisfied after at least two washings, I'll pay you for them and you can send them to me. The sheets are made by Wamsutta, 300 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets. DON'T be fooled by imitations, if you're going to take my challenge, you must buy the exact pair.


7 comments:

  1. Amen, sistah! NOTE: HIGHER THREAD COUNT DOES NOT EQUAL SOFTER SHEETS! I was going through some of Michael's stuff last weekend and I found those dumb sheets that I bought. I was shocked that they'd made the move with us and I took them straight to the dumpster. Yes, Wamsutta sheets are more expensive for the Queen/King bed than the single, in which I I first experienced them, but they are worth every penny! I think I will go get a couple more sets! p.s. lauren, what kind of pillows do you have? I need some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Nothing better than getting in bed to clean, soft sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love comfy sheets too but buying new ones is not in our budget and plus I loooove my Pottery Barn sheets for now... maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, hope you don't mind me commenting here, I'm a friend of a friend of a friend (you know how it goes). I just wanted to say thanks for the tip. The only sheets I've ever been in love with were some from Tommy Hilfiger and now I can't find them. So glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job at selling the sheets. I'm going to look for them over here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are the greatest! I am so glad you posted this because I could not for the life of me remember which ones I had my freshman year! You are the best! Oh and thank you for teaching me everything else I needed to know about decorating, makeup, and lighting! I give you full credit!

    ReplyDelete