12.29.2008

Best Holiday Films

Some of these may or may not be entirely "Christmas" movies, but here is a list of the movies I love to watch most over the holidays... so far I'm way behind, considering there are only a few vacation days left.

This is the ultimate classic. I started watching this as a little girl. I always wanted to dance and look like the sister Judy.


This movie has been playing on tv lately. I think the cast is great and I love the way the story revolves around different vignettes. My favorite parts are the Christmas play, Collin Firth's romance, and when Hugh Grant dances around his house. Oh, and Ben and I LOVE the hilarious British singer. And so does my mom.



Home Alone is another seasonal classic. But you must limit it to the original or the part II. No further than that.



I think there are only one or two holiday scenes in this movie, but the simple fact that this is my favorite movie to replay and replay justifies watching it over the holidays.



I love this movie. Much of it happens around Christmas and there are so many great lines. If you haven't watched it in a while, go rent it. It's a great movie.



When this came out a few years ago around Christmas we went out to see it as a family. What we originally thought would be a hilarious feel-good movie turned out to have a few more twists and deeper issues than we expected. I liked it nonetheless. In the past two weeks it's been on tv at least twice. I watched it twice, and cried at exactly the same three parts both times. I like this movie more and more.



I watched this movie as a little girl and was so entranced by not only the concept of the story but also the illustrations and, most of all, the music. I got this on DVD a few years ago as I was stocking up on books and movies I'd read and seen as a child, as a future library for my children. There is nothing quite like this movie.



I have this movie on my DVR from last week and can't wait to snuggle up and watch it.




What's not to love about this movie? A little bit of Hollywood, (I LOVE Cameron Diaz's characters house... watch the film just to see it), a bit of England, how romantic and 'cottage-y', and so many great parts.


I love watching Elf and The Grinch - they remind me of my sisters and brother who still quote this movie sometimes. Holiday-whoo-be-what-ee?

No comments:

Post a Comment