12.20.2008

Christmastime in the City


Yesterday a huge storm rolled into Utah.  It was wild!  Actually, we moved to Park City a little over a month ago and we've had our share of wild winter storms since.  What happened to Utah's drought problem and recent 'low-snow endangered winters'?  There is plenty of snow up here, trust me.

Anyway, the storm began like clockwork at noon, and only got worse until about 10 last night. The plows couldn't keep up with the roads and it got really nasty.  Chains were required for cars driving through Parley's canyon.  I called my uncle Chris who offered his condo to us for the night. How fun! Ben and I stayed the night at his place which is at the Warehouse Lofts just a block from the Gateway.  We parked at the condo and then walked around the streets last night looking at all the lights and window displays.  I love the weather after a snow because the ground is all covered in white and it seems to make the dark sky so much brighter. We totally felt like city folk.  We had a yummy dinner at The Dodo, where Ben got his 'usual' - turkey melt sandwich and of course we had to do the baked cream cheese appetizer and the tollhouse pie for dessert.

It was fun to be out around other people braving the storm, especially because yesterday I decided that I hadn't said "Merry Christmas" nearly enough this season.  I got a good chance last night through the small opening in my fuzzy fur-lined hood.

5 comments:

  1. Cool picture did you take that? I love Salt Lake when it's all covered in snow (and when you can enjoy it by foot rather than car it is even better)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture really is beautiful. It sounds like the two of you had a really fun night in the city. I hope you have a very Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. through the small opening in your fuzzy fur-lined hood? I can just picture it. hilar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty picture. i love your christmas albums. ill have to check some out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. Utah in the winter! So beautiful. And fun that you got to enjoy the city too!

    ReplyDelete