
I saw this photograph in a recent Nordstrom catalog - and I thought, 'future me!' What mother wouldn't want to emerge from her chic European flat (v. cool door with centered knob) being well-pressed, well-coiffed with a darling angel-baby and pram in tow. Okay, it's a bit of a stretch once you start looking at the pic. It's like a runway model was told to pose in front of said angel-baby - which she is totally ignoring by the way.
But I must admit I am envious of those moms who seem to have it all pulled together... not only having the house tidy and the aroma of fresh-baked anything in the air, but also well-behaved and manicured children and looking pulled-together herself. (Do these women have private melt-downs or nannies?) These are some of my goals post-delivery. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot of work to even tackle one at a time. But we can hope.
I'm certainly not feeling especially stylish or pulled together at this point in my pregnancy/life. I was visiting with a client the other day (the incredible woman has nine children) and in response to her asking how I was feeling I said to her, "Just when you think your body can't get any bigger... it keeps growing!" "Isn't it just amazing?" she replied. Yes, amazing. Amazing wonderful and amazing terrifying at the same time.
I'm going to have to go with mostly "terrifying." And yes, those women almost certainly have nannies.
ReplyDelete