I can hardly believe it has already been three weeks since Blair came to us. She is such a precious baby and I'm so glad I have nothing better to do all day than snuggle her! That is the first piece of advice I'd give any new mom... don't put any pressure on yourself or have any expectations about what you'll be able to do (or when) after the baby comes. I can hardly think about anything I used to do before baby, even trying to blog stresses me out. :)
Blair is a sweet baby and she and I are learning more about each other every day. I can't wait until she starts to focus on our faces and smile more than just while she's dreaming, which is so cute by the way... I wonder what she's dreaming of - cupcakes and ponies?
In three weeks Blair has already done some very grown up things! Two days ago she had her very first photoshoot. She's been to a golf tournament with her Dad, to Nordstrom with me and Mommacat, to sushi dinners and even the Apple store and Ikea. She also had her first bath and a stroll around the neighborhood. She's a trooper.
More blog posts to come. It's wild how different the day goes by for someone who works 9-5 and someone who stays home with a newborn. I have a goal to make our bed every day. That's all I promise. Beyond that, I have two 'to do' lists. One is 'to do' while Ben's away... the other is 'to do' while he is home and able to watch Blair. When the baby is awake, I love to play with her and when she's asleep in my arms I can hardly stand to put her down. I'm getting better though.
Here are a few pics from the last few weeks.
| Love these tiny pj's on her! Most of her clothes are a little big still but these fit nice and snug. |
| first sponge bath |
| I feel like most of the pics I take don't really look like Blair as I see her but I love this one - Ben loves to lounge with the baby at night when we're relaxing in front of the tv. |
| Blair does really well in a sling - these pics are from the Utah Open last weekend at Oakridge. Ben was delighted to have exposed Blair to golf at only two weeks old. She showed her interest by sleeping through nine holes. |
How precious and tiny! You are wise to not put pressure on yourself and enjoy being a new mom. A lot of moms (including myself) try to do too much. I cannot wait to see more pics of her...
ReplyDeleteO hurray I have been checking everyday for more news of your tiny babe. And she does so look so tiny and mushable in the sling. And I am impressed with all that you have done with her already! I just stay in pajamas for a month, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteShe is just the perfect little baby girl! I have been wanting to call you...how are YOU doing? Are you recovered yet? Mike said that Ben texted him last night, but it got too late to respond. We miss you guys. Do you feel like you are all moved in now? Do you feel like it's home? It is so nice that you could move into such a nice place before Baby came. Mike has started school now and I never see him. I wish I had you down the street so we could go on walks in the mornings. That would be so much fun. Well, I'm sure that you are the cutest mom ever. Enjoy every second of your baby. I'm glad that you hold her as much as you can. They grow so fast, and suddenly they aren't that cuddly newborn anymore. Love ya, and hope to talk to you soon! :)
ReplyDeleteI mean, that picture of Blair and Ben?! You need to blow that up poster-size and send it to Ben's office, and plaster it to your bedroom wall! And what a little musher that little sweetie is in her sling. she is just a little thang!
ReplyDeleteI remember feeling the same way about pictures I took of Reese when she was itty bitty...nothing I captured on film looked like her. And when the majority of the pictures you take are of them sleeping (because that's all they do), it's hard to feel like you will ever take an accurate picture.
oh, that michael is so sentimental!
ReplyDeletei have also been checking your blog constantly. blair is such a little peanut. she looks so mushy in the sling. love her.
ReplyDeleteLove Love Love!!! can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDelete