8.16.2006

Hermana Estimson

I haven't blogged my sister yet... bless her. My older sister Lindsey is on a mission, only about 12 weeks out. She's in Guatemala, currently serving about 6 hours from the city, a rural jungle-like place that seems full of tree-houses. She write us hilarious emails about the chicken/rooster fights that take place in the middle of the family room, in the middle of a discussion. Hilar! She is so darling, and writes such wonderful things home to us. It truly is a blessing to have a missionary out, as much as we really miss her.



Here is a quotation from Joseph Smith, in 1840 from Nauvoo:

"Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons of God. A man filled with the love of God, is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race. This has been your feeling, and caused you to forego the pleasures of home, that you might be a blessing to others, who are candidates for immortality, but strangers to truth; and for so doing, I pray that heaven's choicest blessings may rest upon you."

4 comments:

  1. Great quote... and so proud of Lindsey- what an amazing blessing to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I love lindsey! Her emails make me laugh so hard--can't you just picture her down there? I wasn't sure exactly how Lindsey's serving a mission would bless me as much as it would her and the people in Guatemala that she is serving, but I can already see the blessings! So funny how this all happened--who would've thought?

    ReplyDelete