12.05.2008

Christmas Wish List

Ben and I decided this year that we wouldn't just get each other gifts just to give gifts. After all, is there anything I really need? I have a pair of warm uggs, a warm coat, and hopefully soon I'll receive my poor camera back from its four-month warranty repair. Could I ask for anything more going into winter? But me, being the perpetual huntress of 1) a good deal, 2) a one-of-a-kind find, 3) anything that is sparkly, cozy, or just a flat-out 'must have', I've compiled a short list of things that I'd ask Santa for. Does Santa check blogs?



I have been on the lookout for a great carafe. I guess the one I'm really looking for is a 'bedside carafe'. (others are for wine/juice and have no cup on top). I think the idea is novel and who doesn't wake up parched in the middle of the night? I found this one online at Crate & Barrel, but then I found one the next day for under $10. So I snatched it up. Do I have to take it off my list now? oops!

I had an ipod alarm clock a few years ago, but it stopped working. I found this one with a mirrored surface. Sorta sleek, right? After all, I'd have to find something that would look good next to my new carafe.




How many times have I blogged about Mistral Verbena? Every time gift-giving comes around for me, it's the first thing I think of. I LOVE the scent. I want to use it in the shower, for lotion, for hand cream, perfume... heck, I wish it came in hairspray cause then I'd be completely covered.





I have a thing for earrings. I could pass up bracelets, necklaces and rings all day, but not a great pair of earrings. I saw these online at Neiman Marcus. I love them because they are a little vintage, a little Audrey Hepburn/Jackie O, and a little Harry Winston.



Maybe it's the Southerner in me that loves monograms and personalized stationery. I am slowly collecting my favorite design books, wedding books, entertaining and coffee table travel books. How fun to have personalized labels to put inside. I found this site when I did a search for personalized book plates online. I fell in love with this artist's style and his interpretations. They remind me a little of illustrations from a childrens' storybook. Hard to choose my favorite, but I love this one of the lemons.






I recently bought a round wooden table to use as a nightstand. Right now I have a blanket on it because what I really want is something like this pleated table skirt. Maybe silk, maybe linen. Hard to find so maybe I'll have to try my hand at making one.... yikes!




Can anyone offer some feedback on rain boots, aka Wellies? I think they are so cute and now that I have some tapered jeans, I thought wearing a pair of these with the right pants would look good instead of very weird and bulky/kankle-ish. I found a few pairs that I like. Still can't decide. Hunter makes the original Wellington boot. Here are the pairs I like. * ** *** **** *****


Last but not least, what I want most of all...


3 comments:

  1. A puppy!! I hope you get your Christmas wish ;-)

    Have you tried Piperlime for wellies? I love them and would like a classic black pair but also all the fun patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, puppy!!! what are the chances ben comes through for you on that one? I mean, you did sorta get the house. with that out of the way, wasnt' a dog next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely get the hunter's they are amazing. they even have boot socks that roll over the top, and you can mix and match the color. i have the aubergine. there is nothing better than the original.

    ReplyDelete