6.30.2010

Besties Shower



Last night Lacey coordinated a dinner/shower at Cheesecake Factory for me.  She is so thoughtful - as if she isn't busy enough! I never use the word "besties" but it was the most appropriate way I have of describing it. These girls are my closest friends. We met it college and even though husbands, careers, and school have stretched us apart, when we get together it's just like old times. Many of the girls were in Utah and able to make it - (you others, Nik, Beth, Blythe, Heidi were sorely missed!) 

No matter how hard I try to make new friends I can't seem to replace these girls - I LOVE them. Most were before me in both marriage and having babies so I have looked up to them in many things for many years.  They shared advice, tips and stories on labor and more (I'm at a stage where I want to know everything about everything from delivery to discipline), but most of all we just chatted and laughed. They made me feel like I'll be a good mom and as the conversations continued all of a sudden I thought, "Wow, this is really happening. Motherhood is upon me." It meant everything to be with them. One of those evenings you never forget.

Reese likes dc almost as much as me - she stuffed mine full of the lemons and limes the waiter brought for all seven of us.


Lacey made the cutest party favors - complete with my favorites (she knows me SO well) : pink nail polish, tootsie rolls, gumballs, sour watermelon slices, and a diamond charm!

3 comments:

  1. Aaah I wish I could have been there!

    I think there is something about actually living with a friend, no matter what friends we make later in life we can never replicate that so it is a special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have been there too! Looks so fun to see you all together! I'll just have to come when baby girl arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto on what heidi and niki said. and yes lauren, you will make an amazing mother! i cant wait for it to start. i hope i can meet baby girl someday.

    ReplyDelete