6.06.2011

Introducing : Linkon Ashton

I finally had my chance to meet baby Linkon yesterday.  He is the firstborn of my dear dear friend Lacey, and her wonderful husband (also dear family friend), Ashton.  He was born on Cinco de Mayo - how fabulous is that!?  He was just a little thing, weighing in under six pounds, but a pure angel.  I had only texted pictures to reference until seeing him in person - but I had already decided he was darling and he had rockstar hair right out of the womb... so appropriate coming from his super stylist mom.

Ben, Blair and I drove down yesterday to meet him in person and finally get to hug and congratulate Lace and Ash.  First thoughts:  Linkon was asleep in his little lamby swing when we arrived, and he is the dreamiest little thing! So small (and made Blair look SO big) with the teeniest little features.  WHAT a cutie.  He awoke just in time for our dinner and was alert for a while after that.  Lacey and Ashton are already looking the part of well-adjusted parents - taking turns feeding/changing and rocking baby Linkon like seasoned pros.  Linkon's presence in their home felt so natural - it was wonderful to see Lacey fulfill the motherly role I always knew she would, and so beautifully.


Blair couldn't get enough of Linkon... she kept crawling over to him and climbing up the sofa, the swing, and Ashton's legs just to catch a glimpse.  When we were leaving Blair was allowed to get close enough for a kiss and she fussed when kissy-time was over.  "no, wait?  - where are you taking him?"  We can't wait to see them again soon and to kick off what will be 18 years of 'playdates' - until they'll start calling it dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment