A few weeks ago we 'bonfired' with some friends. Ben and I have been married almost five years and had never lived in a place where we got to know neighbors. It was well worth the wait because we have hit the jackpot with incredibly fun people on our street. We all have a lot in common, some newlyweds, some with young kids, all new to the neighborhood as of a year ago and all in the mood for a good time at the drop of a hat. Lindsay & Dan hosted the inaugural party complete with a fire pit for roasting hot dogs and later, s'mores. I was in charge of the chocolate and I may have brought enough to last the entire summer. We set up our makeshift baby monitor and put Blair down for the night. Three hours later we were hardly ready to say goodnight! Here's to many more summer nights with good friends and melted marshmallows.
kyle & andrea, danielle & chad
the hosts
My chair wasn't close enough to the fire or the goodies - so I parked it on the grass. Yes, I'm a total pig when it comes to anything related to chocolate and marshmallows. Now the neighborhood knows.
Hey! I just read your comment on my blog, I may come visit you to dicuss ordering some office waiting chairs. he wants something modern, but durable.. I haven't decided yet if we should just recover what he already has, or order all new! He isn't sure either.. it will most likely depend on pricing (dang budgets!) What days do you work in the office? ( the one in farmingtong??) Or do you? I am not even sure! Let me know girl!
ReplyDelete