3.29.2009

Make it Stop!


Two weeks ago we had the loveliest weather. Blue skies, sunshine, and above freezing temperatures. I was nervous of spring coming so quickly... as there was NO way I was ready to wear short sleeves or shorts yet. (I'm almost positive this is the whitest I've been in 25 years)... But there were a few things I did to enjoy the weather; put the windows down, wear sandals, leave my coat at home... I was even thinking about making an appointment for the TB. Then, in a flash, winter was BACK. We had a huge storm last week - leaving in it's wake a deck full of snow and frost/snow/ice all over the once clean windows. Not to mention some treacherous commuting that I thought was behind us.

Make it stop! Today, again, more snow... this time, the type of snow that is like freezing rain going sideways. I made quite a scene walking down a flight of stairs to church this morning (why is there a flight of stairs down to church level anyway!?) Because I couldn't see anything, as my head was down to avoid the stinging snow on my face & neck, I nearly slid down the whole flight of stairs and only by a sabbath miracle was I saved from severely injuring myself. Then, when we finally got inside, my curled and sprayed hair was now going in all the wrong directions. Needless to say we made an entrance, and, we were late as well.

So now we're home and what was the first thing I did? Get my cozies on, brush the dust off my hot cocoa mug and brew a cup, and climb into bed. But not before closing every blind and drape within eyesight of the bed. Ben is out in the family room watching golf but it's too bright and cold out there to stand it! I told him I had a date with the bed and my laptop. It's quite cozy in here now that I have no clue what the blizzard is doing outside. I'm not leaving to take a picture, so instead I googled 'blizzard' and picked the most graphic image I could find. This is what I felt like walking into church today.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how sorry I am for you! I have a solution for you though...........I think you know what it is.............come and see us!!! 70 degree and VERY sunny! Please please please!!! By the way that video of you and Reese is really funny! I love her little giggle and her cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I remember nearly being in tears when I'd look out the window hoping for sun but seeing grey...just lots of grey. BUT- I almost think UT winters are worth it because UT summers are my favorite. It makes me homesick for UT even though I only spent 6 years there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh. so cold! I'm afraid we're in for a late winter snow storm, too- but am crossing my fingers that the spring weather is here to stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you... I am so sick on Winter! Bring on Spring already! I don't like when the weather teases us like this.

    ReplyDelete