3.17.2009

Table skirt, part I


Remember my Christmas list? (click here and scroll) Well, the 'make my own table skirt' idea didn't really pan out. Shucks. Mom and I put our heads together and tried a few things, we even used pins to put the pleats in place. I'd say we put pen to paper, but we didn't actually end up putting bobbin to needle to fabric.

Three months later I have good news to report: I settled on a fabric (which arrived), on a design, and now the thing is off being constructed. By trained professionals. I have a deadline to meet so there's no time for messing around - or messing up.

Stay tuned for part II: the reveal. Until then - here is a teaser. I'm crazy for these large plaid silks, and this color combo is really fantastic. It makes me want to host a tea party.

(photo courtesy of Monica Buck & My Home Ideas)
For a very informative post on table skirts, go to this Cote de Texas post.

No comments:

Post a Comment