The nursery is coming along slowly. Well, only if 'slowly' means not really at all. For being an interior designer by profession, it's pretty sad that I'm so close to welcoming a baby and yet have very little accomplished in her room. I'm finally coming around to choosing paint colors. But bedding, window coverings, glider fabric, art, lighting, etc... don't even get me started. Is it because I see/have access to so many different things I like that it's hard to commit? I have a file the size of Texas full of photos, paint chips, fabric swatches and my own sketches. Lack of ideas is not my problem.
So far I've ordered a crib. It's not in until September so in the meantime baby will be lounging in this:
I do have a carseat, which is nice considering you can't leave the hospital without one. Check. Another check off the list? Baby Laundry. Oh is it fun. I finally bought some Dreft and away I went. At least baby's closet is all stocked and ready. It makes everything feel so real to be de-tagging, washing, folding blankets and hanging clothes that will soon be worn by your own child. Ben gets a kick out of it too - which of course totally gets me.
In other news: I'm really starting to feel really big. Without divulging my total gained pounds or current weight, I will say that I've far surpassed my 'freshman' weight gain. That should speak volumes to anyone who knew me then. Ben and I went out for a shaved ice the other night and I saw a pregnant girl who looked about my age. I thought "hey, at least she's bigger than me" (which in hindsight was pretty rude) Then I asked her when she was due. "Friday" she said. Oh, like two days away. And I'm still 6 weeks. I wont' pat myself on the back for that one.
6.28.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh lauren, i love you! im sure you look beautiful! all your writing about getting that baby room ready makes me feel bad that braddock sleeps in a pack n play in the corner of our room. oh well. i really cant wait to see your finished product!
ReplyDeleteWell you are ahead of me... I don't have any of the clothes washed yet. And I'm sure you look beautiful, you always do!
ReplyDeleteNope no baby nursery yet, my sister is still living with us for a few more weeks... but I will be sure to post pictures once we get him moved in there. Also, I have been asked MULTIPLE times (at least weekly) if I am having twins. Even Uncle Chris thought I was due "any day now." I'm sure you still look amazing as always, whereas I weigh as much or more than Drew and all his brothers, who are all over 6 feet tall! Hopefully the next few weeks flies by for the both of us!
ReplyDeleteoh lauren, i'm sure you look better pregnant than most people do not pregnant. you're that pretty. but i completely understand. baby weight is not fun. i'm in the process of getting rid of mine and sweet mercy it seems to take forever :)
ReplyDeletei am in love with the baby basket!! i also spent forever on layla grayce. you are a bad bad influence :)! cant wait for her to get here!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny. I am SURE you look great. And speaking of freshman 15...i remember you looking great. You just wait until you try to get baby weight number three off. CANNOT DO IT!!! :) Cannot wait to see your precisou girl. I have the same decorating problems as you...too many ideas and I don't want to commit b/c there are so many darn cute ones.
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard that I thought I was going to pee my pants when I read the last 3 lines of this post. So sad, so true and so funny because I know just how you feel. Don't worry about it - just because of who you are - you look better than most!
ReplyDelete