3.09.2009

I decided...

In my normal life I am not a blog stalker. I keep to my little list down the side of my blog and that keeps me busy and definitely updated. I usually check them once a week. But for some reason, lately, I have been obsessed with checking my friends blogs... and not only that... I'm checking them almost nightly, and not only their blogs, but their friends, family and linked blogs. Basically anything that wasn't private. :) (please don't be afraid)

Why? I'm not sure.
Okay, I partially blame my husband for taking over our tv each night. There is either a big nba game on, or a golf tournament, or something else. We have a rule that if you're in charge of the remote, you can't have the computer on your lap also. That usually leaves me with the computer. And since I'm trying to cut back on online shopping and I don't know photoshop yet... that has left me with blog surfing to curb my boredom.

It's a slippery slope. Something has to change. But back to my reason for posting. I decided that blog owners should have some identification on their blogs. Have a profile. I'm not saying you have to publish your first, middle and last name, but for heaven's sake write where you're living, and what you're up to (career or otherwise). And another thing - put a picture of yourself somewhere on the first page (with or without sig. other) so I don't have to scroll for pages to figure out if I recognize you or not! :)

It's unbelievable the people you can catch up with by going from a friends' blog to her friends', and so on. I've tracked down many old friends from BYU...I love to see who ended up together, where their lives are taking them, and the darling little babies who've been born.

I have chronic headaches lately. Ben brought to my attention that it may be due to the increased amount of time I've spent in front of the computer screen. He may have a point there. I swear I'm stopping. Plus I think I found everyone I wanted to find for now.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love the gems you came up with the other night from blog stalking. That was priceless- those boys were so funny (or maybe just our memories of them are funny).

    OH Ps if you don't want to stalk people I could tell you like ten design blogs worth stalking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a crack up and im wishing you were in dc!

    ReplyDelete