
Since I've known Ben I've known that he doesn't care much for sushi. He spent two years in Taiwan, ate a lot of raw fish... and couldn't understand why people would eat it on purpose. Too bad. He was the perfect man for me; I'd just have to picture a lifetime of date nights that didn't include yummy sushi.
See, I love sushi. The more I eat the more I like. I'll try any restaurant (reputable) and any type of roll. The more to sample the better.
A few weeks ago Ben called me in the middle of the work day. He said he'd just been to the best place for lunch with a few guys from work. "Guess what?" he said, "It was sushi and it was SO good!"
Yay on so many levels! He likes sushi now. We can plan sushi nights! Every day after that Ben would tell me about how great this place was and how he craved more sushi. We went to Ginza last Friday with Ben's brothers & their wives and it was a ball. We must have sampled seven different rolls, all fresh and different and delicious. Then Saturday it was just the two of us and we were looking for a quick dinner before going to see Taken. We thought we'd try Blind Dog, a sushi bar in Park City. Their rolls were good too... not as great as Ginza, and the service was v. slow. Sunday I wasn't feeling like anymore fish- twice in one weekend was quite enough for me. Instead we opted for our usual Sunday after-church fare... steak nachos.
Anyway, I'm just so thrilled that now Ben and I really can do everything together! Hurrah for sushi! (p.s. I'm open for recommendations so throw them my way)
This is Chelsea, Ben's friend! We LOVE sushi....with a passion! I am so glad that Ben likes it now! Our favorite place to go is Happy Sumo at Gateway! The Vegas roll is the best!! Take care!
ReplyDeletei love ginza! my parents neighbor is a su chef there. YUMMY!
ReplyDeletecan we go to ginza when I am there?!?! I LOVE sushi...and I can finally eat it again!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news! I am so excited that you get to have sushi dates now. I miss our girls lunch outings to Happy Sumo.
ReplyDeleteyum! im craving sushi right now.
ReplyDelete