But TODAY is Niki's birthday. Niki was my freshman year roommate at David John Hall @ BYU... we'd never met before we moved in. I learned so much from her, not the least of which was learning to love country music "Good morning, beautiful" - and so many other things. She made me look at things in a different way and I'm a better person by having lived with her. She married the most wonderful guy and has a beautiful little boy. You melt just looking at him! She lives outside Denver now and I don't see her enough. But I love her. I borrowed this picture from her blog I hope she doesn't mind. She should be a catalog model, don't you agree? Happy Birthday, Niki.

Also - last week I posted on Michael Buble's holiday cd and mentioned wanting David Archuleta's cd too. Not two days later my friend emailed & asked for my address so she could put a little something in the mail to me. How nice is that? My first Christmas gift! Liz is also a friend from college - I seem to remember Junior & Senior years but maybe it was just one of those. Anyway, Liz was roommates with some of our friends and I never got to know her as well as I wanted to. She is one of the most naturally beautiful people I've seen and the more I get to know her via her blog, the more I learn how multi-talented she is! Photography, crafts, design, parties and baked goods - everything she touches is beautiful! Including her two kids who are as darling as can be.

How thoughtful of her to send not only David's cd but also compile more of her favorite holiday songs (which are fabulous by the way). Oh, and she sent her Christmas card too - which was perfectly 'her' and fabulous. Liz has a lot on her plate as it is and I am so touched that she'd think of me. Liz, I want to get to know you better, let's lunch!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ReplyDeleteoh, the flattery. i put on a good front-you should see me, my children, and my house at this very moment. disaster! but thanks for the kind words. i only lived at OA for that one year, but i was engaged for most of it so that would explain why we never got to know each other better...boys. and i can't take credit for that compilation, although it is excellent, it was gifted to me last year by a friend (with excellent taste). lunch is on!
oh happy birthday to you dear lauren! i hope it's a great day. please post pictures of whatever darling outfit you undoubtedly wore when you when out to celebrate :)
ReplyDeleteyou are too sweet. i just saw this post today and it was a pleasant surprise. i have loved sharing our birthdays since our first together in DJ! we do need to get together again soon. i have not stopped thinking about a trip to montana since our last lunch and i think we should really start planning! love you!
ReplyDelete