I love Christmas Eve. Today we started off with some Christmas Eve deliveries - goodies and gifts to some family friends of my parents. My mom volunteered us all for a few hours at the local food bank. It's one of those things that ends up being just as enjoyable as it is rewarding. Think of all the sorting 12 people can do, who are not only family, but develop a system for sorting oh so efficiently. Being around all those groceries started to make us all very hungry after a while. Leave it to mom though, she had plans for our post-service as well... Five Guys. So delish. There is something so fun about sitting around having burgers and sharing massive amounts of fries with my family. We don't need a fancy dinner to have a great time. I loved it.
Tessa and Duffy finally arrived (delayed a day in Cincy, then flew to Denver, slept in SLC, and finally flew to Kalispell the next day) and we were a complete family. Mom prepared a wonderful Christmas Eve Thanksgiving style dinner that was a raging success. We had a nice quiet evening wrapping last-minute gifts and stuffing them under the tree, playing games and watching Invictus (thumbs down, I slept through it).
The trick will be opening presents in the daylight tomorrow. Most of us are on a sleep schedule that includes waking up early... and here in Monty it's not light until 8:30 in the morning. It is the weirdest thing. At 7 in the morning it looks like 4:30 am outside. It's like someone's playing a trick on you and changed your clock. I think we'll all be awake before Reese, the baby, how opposite is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
granny told us about your scary drive up to montana,,, we are certainly relieved everyone is ok! Hope your car gets fixed soon! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete13 hours in the car- poor thing! Seriously I have never seen Max fussier than our 9 hour drive back from MT. Luckily I think Reese is a little more patient with car rides. I need to hear more about this treacherous drive.
ReplyDelete