12.19.2009

25 Days: Day 19 - Marathon Day




Today was our marathon day - and it seemed as hectic for everyone else everywhere we went. Ben wanted to have a full day of activity to re-celebrate my birthday. We started off in Sugarhouse to do some last-minute shopping. Then we stopped for lunch at The Dodo (recently moved to Sugarhouse after being one of Ben's favorite spots at the Gateway) - Ben loves the turkey sandwich with dip... it is pretty dang good.

Then to Golf Galaxy to shop for Ben's gift. I wouldn't trust myself to get it right even where a few clubs are concerned. I swear though, that place for men is like Nordstrom to women... they can lose hours in there! I reminded Ben of our schedule and that helped us move along.

After shopping we began the entertainment portion of the evening. We went to see Avatar in 3D. I thought it was a pretty interesting movie although about 30 minutes too long in the middle. The theater was packed for a 3:10 showing.

Then on to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We put our name in at 6:30 and didn't sit until after 8. You should have seen the place. Every space of open floor was covered with groups waiting for tables to open up. We had a nice private table for two when we finally sat, and that diet coke, warm brown bread and Ben's Chicken Madiera made the wait worth it.



To cap things off - we went downtown to the lights at Temple Square. I had been begging Ben to take me all month. I consider it one of the seasonal 'musts' when you live in Utah and I couldn't miss it. Tonight was probably the most crowded night of the month - people were swarming everywhere but it was still beautiful. There was a foggy mist downtown tonight which made the temple and the lights glow even more. I always love to go to temple square with Ben because it brings back memories of our wedding day.

Ben surely didn't disappoint today! His timing was perfect and everything went according to plan, which is so funny considering he isn't a man of itineraries. I was stuffed and exhausted by the time the clock struck ten. It's a good thing we were halfway home by then.

1 comment:

  1. well, doesn't that sound like the most fun day?! Shopping and eating out all day long with your husband. what could be better?

    ReplyDelete