Tonight I made Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce for dinner. It's been a while since I've cooked and I actually made it to the grocery last Saturday for the ingredients, go me! This dish is seasonal and delicious. It's a 30-minute meal too, perfect for the cook with little patience and hungry mouth[s] to feed. I recommend about 4 times the salt you'd normally use on a plate. Oh, and extra cheese too. In talking to my sisters and mom, the field research shows that women like/appreciate the dish more than men. Ben gave it a 6 out of 10 - 'noh bad'! Gotta love Rachel Ray, and gotta be serious about any recommendation from Taryn.
12.02.2009
25 Days: Day 2 Pumpkin Penne
I worked late tonight trying to get a head start on tomorrow. Missed opening night of the Festival of Trees. They have beautiful trees, but more importantly, they have a large assortment of gingerbread houses. My family has a gingerbread contest during Christmas and it wasn't so serious until Ben joined the family. (I'm not sure if anyone else considers it serious, but he sure does. We stay up late for nights in a row to put the finishing touches on it.) We saw a commercial for it and he's been excited ever since. We'll try to make it before it's over on the 5th.
Tonight I made Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce for dinner. It's been a while since I've cooked and I actually made it to the grocery last Saturday for the ingredients, go me! This dish is seasonal and delicious. It's a 30-minute meal too, perfect for the cook with little patience and hungry mouth[s] to feed. I recommend about 4 times the salt you'd normally use on a plate. Oh, and extra cheese too. In talking to my sisters and mom, the field research shows that women like/appreciate the dish more than men. Ben gave it a 6 out of 10 - 'noh bad'! Gotta love Rachel Ray, and gotta be serious about any recommendation from Taryn.
Tonight I made Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce for dinner. It's been a while since I've cooked and I actually made it to the grocery last Saturday for the ingredients, go me! This dish is seasonal and delicious. It's a 30-minute meal too, perfect for the cook with little patience and hungry mouth[s] to feed. I recommend about 4 times the salt you'd normally use on a plate. Oh, and extra cheese too. In talking to my sisters and mom, the field research shows that women like/appreciate the dish more than men. Ben gave it a 6 out of 10 - 'noh bad'! Gotta love Rachel Ray, and gotta be serious about any recommendation from Taryn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
did you know my mom makes and sells gingerbread houses every year? she started when we were kids to bring in some extra money for the holidays. she'd sell about 200 a year-mostly to real estate brokers who would then gift them to new-home buyers. AND i won our town gingerbread contest when i was in 6th grade-i made a church. i'll have to dig up the article from the paper and post it. it's SO embarrassing!
ReplyDeleteas for the recipe-i'm not a fan of rachel ray-but if you say this is good then maybe i will try it...